Sunday 17 February 2013

First Hill Race Of 2013

Making my way  through the back markers

Its not exactly a picture of free running.
I went to the Galtee Mountains today for what was supposed to be a hill run to the top of Temple Hill. I was late arriving and had only just registered before the off. I was last to start as I had to try and pin on my number. I managed to get a few pins in and didn't lose too mush ground. Unfortunately the wind was really strong and the route was confined to the forestry section, thus cutting out all the open mountain section and taking about 250 meters off the climbing total. Still it was good fun and I finished in the middle of the pack in just over 44 minutes. It was a long way to go for such a short run but that's the way it goes. Anyway onward to the next outing.

No comments: