Wednesday 6 July 2016

A Circuit Of The Gap Of Dunloe

All back to normal again today. After coming back from Norway and working nights I decided to take advantage of my only day off for a while to have a day on the hills. I opted to do a circuit of the Gap of Dunloe as it is around 17kilometers long and gives 1500 mtrs of climbing so it is a worthy outing. For a change I decided to climb Srickeen first and save Purple and Tomies for the end. It took me about 5 hours 50 minutes to complete the circuit and it must have rained for over 4hours of that.The cloud was well down as well until the end but I still enjoyed it. I also counted myself very lucky as I could just as easily have had weather like that for the duration in Norway.
About the only chance I had to enjoy a view all day. The Gap of Dunloe as I descended Drishana

No comments: